Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Trial and Failure

So last night I finally get to do Chrysalis, one of the last major content to completing the main scenario quests. I was ready. I watched the video guide twice. I knew what to do.

I go in. I start doing my thing. Then the orbs come out. My controller jacked up. I literally had to re-callibrate it in middle of fight. However, it still wouldn't select any mobs. My weapon was drawn but I couldn't target for some reason. The mouse target didn't work either. Main guy comes back, I was able to target and attack. Thought that was end of the trouble. Orbs come out again. Again, I can't attack them. My controller goes wonky. Then my hubby who's just getting irritated at my complaining takes my controller and and all is well in his hands. Pisses me off a bit because the orbs had gone at this moment. So I continue to fight.
We get pulled into the alternate place and I forgot what fight I was doing. I was going to commit suicide by standing under a meteor. I realized a little too late. Died running off. Got raised. Ended back in normal zone. I fight vigorously again. Then those orbs come up again and my controller won't work again. I'm like fuck me. My husband thinks I don't know how to target or I'm mashing some weird combo on the controller. At this point of game, I know how to target and use the controller. Every now and then when I'm nervous I'll fumble. I wasn't nervous last night. So I was just getting angrier and angrier. The fight is done without much help from me. I feel bad about that. I don't want people to think that I was in the fight for a carry. Only thing is that I can think of is that when I was fighting the main guy, I was locked onto him. When he goes invulnerable, my lock sticks on him and I am unable to release it. I usually don't lick onto targets. I tend to do a soft lock where I can change targets constantly. This is the first time this has happened to me.

Then I am calling it quits for the night, I go to check my retainer and I can select the summoning bell, but it won't execute the command when I hit the button. I wait probably 30 secs and then finally the function happens and I do what I need to do. I make mention of it. Hubby takes controller again and just says it's in game lag.

I feel it has something with computer so when I got off game, I checked for updates and installed them. Hopefully my next major quest doesn't fail like this.

So if you were in my party yesterday evening, I apologize. That was not my best work.

So I have some new goals.
1. Complete main scenario quests
2. Complete Hildebrand quests
3. Work on completing beast tribe quests while I am doing #1 and 2. (Finish off Amal'ja and Kobolds first, then work on Sylphs & Sahagins next and Ixals the last.)
4. All else comes next.





My hubby is never too far from me in my travels. Isn't he adorable.




Tataru, aren't you supposed to be managing the books? Why do uou have time to juggle?


This is definitely the look I give when I doubt what's happening.



He stole my light. Now he's going to make me a crazy person. Hearing and seeing him while no one else can. As if I'm not crazy enough.


She was awesome. Good fight. She looks spectacular.


Was trying to take picture of the stars and comment how great this game is, but all you really see is Ember's ass.


All I have to say is 'Come on'. Those outfits tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment